COMPETITOR ANALYSIS E-BOOK (NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL series)
NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL: COMPETITOR ANALYSIS E-BOOK for Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle brands is a 15-Page e-book packed with information on how to profile current competitors and on how to create a comprehensive competitor analysis.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD: **This is a digital download. As soon as you purchase, you'll be able to download a pdf version of this e-book. It will be in your email!**
YOU WILL LEARN:
How to profile your competitors to direct and indirect competitors
How to hone in on 3 main current competitors
And Many, Many More!
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
We don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations so please order with certainty. Do please contact us if you have any problems with your order.
With over 12 years’ experience in the fashion retail, beauty & lifestyle industries, and 6 years working in public relations and marketing, Helena Aidoo-Morrison is a results-driven strategist and product developer who prides herself in balancing strategic ideas with creativity. She enjoys bringing brands to life through exceptional experiences and is an expert at cultivating brand-consumer relationships that drive trial, purchase and ultimately, obsession.
Having initially started out as an entrepreneur running Aya Morrison Fashion Atelier as a small swimwear brand, Helena understands the needs of every small business and the tools required to drive one to success.
A Bachelor of Art degree holder in Corporate Communication from CUNY Baruch College and a Luxury & Fashion Management Master of Art degree from the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), Helena is highly academically trained within the fashion and communications field.
Helena created for Aya Morrison LLC, the “Now that’s what I call…’ e-books and templates series to help small business-owners, creators and aspiring businessmen & women in the fashion, beauty and lifestyle space to empower them on the how and the what “the engine room” entails. These e-books and templates give first-hand expertise knowledge on things like costing a garment to creating a tech pack to profiling a potential competitor and so on. There are also e-books on planning a fashion show or a special event in your organization as well as sales promotion.
How do I care for my swimwear?
* Rinse in cold water - if possible, wear your swimsuit in the shower to open and saturate the fibers with cold water as soon as you can after swimming
* Rinse again - by hand in cold water as soon as possible after removing your swimsuit just in case the fabric begins to bleed, which is usually unlikely
* Hang dry A.S.A.P in the shade or inside - to prevent loss of color from the sun
* Be careful where you sit, lay & lean - pool edges are rough to prevent slipping (so are rough on swimsuit fabric too!)
* Remove sand from your swimsuit - when it's dry, gently stretch and flick the garment and the sand will easily fall away
* Be extra careful with spas and heated pools - hot water + the extra chemicals used to combat bacteria will threaten the life of your swimsuit (best to use an old swimsuit for spas)
* Be careful with sunscreen and oils - they can discolor your swimwear or make the color in the fabric fade-out quicker
* Alternate your swimwear - having two swimsuits is ideal (or, if you only have one, ensure that your swimsuit is completely dry before wearing again)
* DO NOT leave your swimsuit wet in your towel/gym bag - moisture and darkness are the most common way to breed damaging bacteria (do ensure your swimsuit is completely dry before you put it away)
* DO NOT wash in the washing machine - washing machines and detergents are too harsh on swimwear
* DO NOT tightly wring out the water from your swimsuit - over-wringing will stretch and twist the fibers
* DO NOT use a dryer or iron on the stretch part - excessive heat from dryers or ironing destroys swimsuit stretch fabric.
* DO NOT chlorine bleach - never, ever use chlorine bleach on any swimwear (even styles advertised as chlorine-resistant aren't chlorine-proof)
We DO NOT ACCEPT REFUND on any of our products. We only Exchange wrong sizes or color based on the condition of returned product, within 14 days of the delivery of the order. We therefore ask that you please read descriptions, measure carefully, and buy with certainty.
All sale/clearance items are final sale so No refunds, No exchanges.
If your exchange is for an item cheaper than your purchased item, you will receive a store credit of the balance. If your exchange is for an item cheaper than your purchased item, you will be required to make payment of the difference prior to our receipt of the item.
To exchange an item, kindly return to the address given in your order e-mail with a self-addressed and pre-paid mailing box/envelope. Should you still have any concerns, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org